- France open the 2019 Women’s World Cup as hosts – six of the previous seven host nations have won their opening match of the tournament, including the last five in a row. The only host nation not to win their opening match at a Women’s World Cup tournament were Sweden in 1995 (0-1 vs Brazil).
- France knocked out Korea Republic in the last Women’s World Cup tournament (2015), defeating them 3-0 in the Last 16 with goals from forwards Marie-Laure Delie (2) and Élodie Thomis.
- This will be Korea Republic’s third Women’s World Cup appearance after 2003 and 2015. Of their previous seven games in finals’ tournaments, they’ve won just one (W1 D1 L5); coming in 2015 against Spain in their final group match (2-1).
- France averaged the highest possession figures at the 2015 Women’s World Cup (62.3%).
- Eugénie Le Sommer scored three goals in France’s three group stage matches at the 2015 Women’s World Cup.
Thanks to our friends at Opta