#SSEWomensFACup 3rd Rd: Crawley Wasps lead trio of shock results

Photo: @CrawleyWaspsLFC

Crawley Wasps bagged a late winner at Coventry United, Keynsham Town knocked out Fylde and AFC Wimbledon won at Hull City as three FAWNL top flight teams bowed out of the SSE Women’s FA Cup to lower division opposition.

SSE Women’s FA Cup 3rd Round results for 6 January

Winners receive £1,000

Cardiff City LFC 2-0 Bolton Wanderers
Coventry United 1-2 Crawley Wasps
Middlesbrough 2-7 Watford
Billericay Town 3-4 Loughborough Foxes
Derby County 1-2 Stoke City
Huddersfield Town 4-1 Leeds United (Att: 156)
Hull City 0-3 AFC Wimbledon
Keynsham Town 2-1 Fylde
Nottingham Forest 0-1 Milton Keynes Dons
Oxford United 1-2 Blackburn Rovers (Att: 203)

FAWNL newcomers Crawley Wasps managed to win 2-1 away to Southern Premier leaders Coventry United. Ariana Fleischman cancelled out the hosts’ opener from ? before Darcey James headed in Naomi Cole’s stoppage-time corner

AFC Wimbledon pulled off a fine 3-0 result away to Hull City, where Katie Stanley, Jordanne Hoesli-Atkins and Georgia Heasman all scored in the second half.

Kerry Bartlett gave Keynsham Town the lead against Fylde, who hit back through Charlton. Christine Vega restored Town’s advantage minutes after Fylde had a player sent off, with the home side also reduced to ten players in the 90th minute.

Blackburn Rovers had to come from behind to claim a 2-1 victory at Oxford United. Evie Gane scored on half time  but Natasha Flint equalised on 6 minutes and then hit a last-minute winner.

A battling Billericay Town bowed out 4-3 against Loughborough Foxes after scoring first with a Sam Pittuck volley. The visitors ran in four goals with two for Becky McGrother, one each from Becky Knight and Eva Rogers before Zoe Rushen got a couple back.

Seven-goal Watford celebrate. (Andrew Waller Images)

Watford ran out 7-2 winners at Middlesbrough, where Helen Ward led the way with a four-goal haul. Dan Scanlon, Katie O’Leary and Sammy Hallsworth were also on target for the Hornets, Emily Scarr and Holly Manders with first-half efforts for Boro.

Stoke City went through 2-1 away to Derby County, Tash Tezgel’s header was cancelled out by an own-goal but Hannah Keryakoplis’ late goal sent City into the fourth round.

Milton Keynes Dons got the only goal at Nottingham Forest in first-half stoppage-time, Kim Farrow rounding the keeper to slot in from a tight angle.

Huddersfield Town saw off Leeds United 4-1, set up by a Brittany Sanderson brace in the opening 17 minutes. Leeds replied on the half-hour but Sarah Danby and Laura Elford both extended the advantage in the first dozen minutes of the second period.

Cardiff City Ladies struck twice in the first quarter of an hour to beat Bolton Wanderers. Cori Williams headed home a corner via the crossbar and goalkeeper Laura O’Sullivan set up a breakaway in which Kylie Nolan fired in the second goal.

The FAWSL and FAWC sides go into the hat for Monday’s fourth round draw, which is being made around 8am on BBC Radio 1 Xtra.

Upcoming Events

Would you like to read more women’s football news just like this? Sign up to receive the She Kicks Women’s Football newsletter