Arsenal and Chelsea dominate women’s nominations at The London Football Awards and also have entries for Manager and Goal of the Season honours.
Within the Women’s Player of the Year category, Chelsea take on Arsenal with three nominations against Arsenal’s two, Emma Hayes and Joe Montemurro are shortlisted for Manager of the Year, while Sophie Ingle is the one female nominee for Goal of the Season.
Presented by Dermot O’Leary, the awards ceremony will take place on 5 March 2020 at Camden Roundhouse, where the winners of the nine awards will all be announced to a star-studded audience.
Women’s Player of the Year
- Beth England – Chelsea
- Beth Mead – Arsenal
- Erin Cuthbert – Chelsea
- Magdalena Erikson – Chelsea
- Vivianne Miedema – Arsenal
Manager of the Year
- Emma Hayes – Chelsea FC Women
- Frank Lampard – Chelsea FC
- Joe Montemurro – Arsenal Women FC
- Roy Hodgson – Crystal Palace FC
- Thomas Frank – Brentford FC
Goal of the Season
- Heung-Min Son – Tottenham ( v Burnley, 7 December 2019)
- Jordan Ayew – Crystal Palace ( v West Ham, (26 December 2019)
- N’Golo Kanté – Chelsea ( v Liverpool, 22 September 2019)
- Sébastien Haller – West Ham ( v Bournemouth, (1 January 2020)
- Sophie Ingle – Chelsea (away to Arsenal, 19 January 2020)
The London Football Awards was set up to support Willow, the national charity set up by Bob Wilson and his wife Megs, to support seriously ill 16-40-year-olds to fulfil uplifting and unforgettable Special Days.
The shortlist of nominees was agreed by an independent panel of judges and announced by Bob Wilson at the launch at Coutts’ historical head office in London on 6 February.