Bethel Dump Caernarfon Town Out Of Welsh Cup

North Wales League underdogs Bethel pulled off a 4-1 win over WPWL outfit Caernarfon Town in the FA of Wales Women’s Cup 1st Round.

Sunday 8th October


Bethel 4-1 Caernarfon Town
Aberystwyth Town 0-1 Rhyl
Llanfair United 2-5 Llandudno
Northop Hall 14-0 Amlwch Town
Airbus 3-4(aet) Denbigh Town
Bangor City 4-2 Penrhyncoch


AFC Tredegar 0-4 Llangyfelach
Abergavenny H/W Penybont
Dafen 1-4 Cardiff City FC
Cardiff Met 6-0 Cascade
Port Talbot Town 14-0 Aberdare
Barry Town United 5-2 Merthyr Town
Swansea City 15-0 AFC Porth
Caerphilly Castle P-P Newcastle Emlyn
Cyncoed 5-0 Briton Ferry Llansawel
Caldicot Town 7-2 Cwmbran Celtic

Llanfair United looked they might have caused an upset too against Llandudno, as Mary Griffiths and Hannah Lloyd had them two goals to the good inside 10 minutes. But the visitors forced an own-goal, were level by the break, after which they sealed their progress with three second-half goals.

Rhyl came through 1-0 away to Aberystwyth Town, with a Paige Williams strike proving decisive.

There was a seven-goal thriller as Airbus bowed out 4-3 after extra-time at home to Denbigh Town. Mari Edwards got a brace for Airbus early on and Denbigh hit back through Elen Jones, Nicole Cosgrove and Joanna McKinney. But 5 minutes into stoppage time, Rosie Lawrence equalised for the hosts. However, Chelsea Williams eventually got the winner for Denbigh.

(Photo: @BangorCommSport)

Bangor City are into the second round following a 4-2 home success over Penrhyncoch.

Northop Hall netted 14 goals but their visitors from Amlwch Town kept going until the end, despite only fielding 10 players.

AFC Tredegar trailed 1-0 at the break to a Llangyfelach penalty by Molly Cana. A Natasha Mitchell double and Georgia Martin effort then sent the visitors to a 4-0 win.

Cardiff City FC took 41 minutes to break the deadlock at Dafen through Alicia Davies, then Shannon Evans uikcly added the second by half time. Dafen hit back with a fine strike, only for Evans to soon bury a free-kick for 3-1 and then complete her hat-trick by the hour mark.

Cardiff Met hit Cascade for six in an evening kick-off, getting a couple of early goals before Lauren Townsend made it 3-0 on 21 minutes. After the interval, Stacey Ayling converted a penalty, Erin Murray got the fifth and then Townsend doubled her tally.

Port Talbot Town gave Aberdare a hard afternoon, as they scored 14 times at the Genquip Stadium.

Barry Town United ran out 5-0 winners over Merthyr Town at Jenner Park.

Swansea City were the round’s top scorers with 15 goals against AFC Porth, 9 of those in the first half. Katie Davies led the way with a four-goal haul and there were trebles for Katy Hosford and Jodie Passmore.

Cyncoed were restricted to a single-goal interval lead by Briton Ferry Llansawel, but Jess Williams, Caitlin Bevan and Niamh Tinman were among the goals later for a 5-0 victory.

Caldicot Town’s 7-2 result against Cwmbran Celtic was largely down to the 5 goals from Ashlee Harris, while Kerys Pinchard and Josie Day were also on target for the home side.

Pictured top – Bethel Ladies

Would you like to read more women’s football news just like this? Sign up to receive the She Kicks Women’s Football newsletter