Here’s the fourth instalment of practice and learning advice from super proactive coach Annabel Ault. Each week she is sending out information to her U12s players (and sharing with other coaches and teams across the land) with ideas on how to improve while maintaining ‘social distancing’:
Hope you’re all well and had the most enjoyable Easter possible in the circumstances. Sorry for the delay in getting this out to you – hopefully worth the wait…!
Main thing for this week is the A-Z workout attached to this email– kindly put together by Chris @ Whippets FC. Check out their Instagram page @whippets_fc.
- Training Ideas with England Men’s & Women’s teams – especially the 12 week programme that they recently launched.
- As recommended last week, look at the individual skills section of Man City’s site – this has now expanded a lot and has longer skills videos which you’d all benefit from looking at
- Chelsea Women’s Fitness Challenge – there are 5 different episodes, which you can find by scrolling through this link
- Lucy Bronze Short Workout – England & Lyon Right Back taking you through how to do good mountain climbers
- Vicky Fleetwood’s Workout – Vicky plays rugby for England & Saracens, alongside working as a fitness trainer. This should take about 15 minutes, and is quite challenging
(huge thanks to Pete Nowalski in Australia for these next ones!)
- Football Federation Australia have shared the #PlayAtHomeChallenge – https://www.playfootball.com.au/play-at-home-challenge
- Lee Joner from Joner1on1 training has put out a full 90min at-home training session on his YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa6cmCjMkeY
- Lydia Williams, Steph Catley, Sam Kerr, and Caitlin Foord are smashing it on their TikTok channels – https://www.facebook.com/matildas/videos/890294568078130/here is an example shared on The Matildas facebook channel.
- Thursday Lunch Time PE lesson with T3 Football Australia – https://www.facebook.com/events/144900450275829/
- New Zealand Football have put out their first at-home skills book pdf which is downloadable via: https://www.nzfootball.co.nz/STAY-FIT
- Heads, shoulders, knees and toes keepy-uppies- a bit like this – can you do the song backwards? (2 toe touches, 2 knee touches, 2 shoulder touches, 2 head touches)?
- Keepy-uppies for beginners – if you struggle with these, practise by working through the steps in this video from Liverpool
- Jill Scott Daily Football Challenge – these are getting better and better at the moment, so keep watching them!
Interesting Football Content
- Inspiring read about two professional footballers who also work in the NHS
- Ada Hederberg podcast – 12 minute podcast with Ballon D’or Winner – Ada is one of the best female footballers in the world. Watch her highlights here!
- Women’s Football Magazine SheKicks.Net have made all of their back issues free to read
- Mary Earps Interview – the Manchester United & England goalkeeper has done this interview on her routine training under lockdown. There are four more articles on the bottom of here with other players & United’s manager Casey Stoney
- Arsenal Women Video – 10 minutes of Ian Wright interviewing Vivienne Miedema & Lisa Evans
- #WeKeepPlaying Video Conference – video of top players from across women’s sport talking about how they’re finding lockdown & isolation
That’s all for now- I’l be sending an email with a workout similar to the ones in previous weeks on Sunday!
TRAINING AT HOME WEEK 3: more great suggestions/advice from a ‘socially distant’ U12s coach