Third in her family to be a goalkeeper but this one’s ‘in the pink’ and who wouldn’t be after denying Rachel Yankey with an overhead kick?
1. Name: Trippoli Witney
2. Age (D.O.B): 28, 04/08/84
3. Team: Milton Keynes Dons
4. Position? Goalkeeper
5. Team Supporter/Fave player? A big Gooner but Paul Ruddy is my fave player.
6. Occupation/or what you are studying? Police officer
7. Are there other footballers in your family? My brother and dad were both keepers.. it’s in the blood.
8. Favourite game you have played in (and why)? Against Arsenal – saved a Rachel Yankey shot by doing an overhead kick – whatever it takes to gets in the way and save it.
9. Your best attribute as a player? Apparently known as ‘tall, blond and intimidating’ – I’m a gentle giant really.
10. What are your ambitions in football? Push for promotion from the South East Combination with MK Dons.
11. Who has been the biggest influence in or on your footballing career? Most recently my goal keeper coach Matt French – bags of enthusiasm, a great coach and not happy until I can’t walk after a ‘beasting’ session.
12. What is the best thing about playing for your team? The club’s drive and commitment to become bigger, better and raise the profile of the women’s game. Oh and ‘high tempo’ warm up ;).
13. If you got to design your team’s kit, what would it look like? My kit is pink which I ‘secretly’ love, so I wouldn’t change it.
14. Do you listen to music to get you motivated, or while you train – if so, what tracks? All the time, I do a monthly ‘gym’ playlist. Rudimentle nomally appears on there. Calvin Harris and most recently a Justin Beiber track somehow ended up on my playlist :-/
15. Who, that plays for your team, should we know more about and why? Charly Wright – She’s got OCD and too many secret superstitions!!!
SHE KICKS – the online community for women’s football