Goalkeeper who couldn’t quite help her side maintain their Midland Combination status, finishing just a couple of points short of safety.
1. Name: Lucy Gardner
2. Age (D.O.B): 20. 13.04.1993
3. Team: Leamington Lions FC
4. Position (and have you always played there)? Goalkeeper and yes
5. Team Supporter? Manchester United
6. Occupation/or what you are studying? Sports coach
7. Are there other footballers in your family? Yes my dad
8. Favourite game you have played in (and why)? Last year against Hereford Pegasus, we won 7-3 and it was an important game. We knew if we won, we took the league litle and we played with quality and was a massive team performance.
9. Your best attribute as a player? My communication on the pitch.
10. What are your ambitions in football? To be the best player I can be and play at the highest level I can.
11. Who has been the biggest influence in or on your footballing career? My dad because he has driven me up and down the country and has supported me throughout my career.
12. What is the best thing about playing for your team? The way we are all friends and want to win for each other, and how we stick together. Also, the banter is brilliant.
13. If you got to design your team’s kit, what would it look like? It would be red and white to represent England and passion.
14. Do you listen to music to get you motivated, or while you train – if so, what tracks? Yes always when I’m running or doing training on my own, and always music in the changing rooms, mainly up tempo/beat songs and usually music that’s in the charts. Favourite song is Rudumental’s ‘feel the love’.
15. Who, that plays for your team, should we know more about and why? Everyone because they are all tanks and class.
SHE KICKS – the online community for women’s football