A roving centre-back who has been known to fly down the wing and net a double hat-trick!
1. Name: Alice Belcher
2. Age (D.O.B): 18; 21st April 1994
3. Team: Leafield Athletic
4. Position (and have you always played there)? Centre back. No, for the whole 7 seasons at Aston Villa I was a right back, Birmingham City moved me to centre back straight away. I played defensive midfield as well for Birmingham City and Coventry City. Centre back is my favourite though!
5. Team Supporter/Fave player? I support Aston Villa, mainly as I grew up playing for them! Although I dislike him as a person, John Terry is one of the best centre backs around.
6. Occupation/or what you are studying? Higher Apprentice in Engineering at Jaguar Land Rover.
7. Are there other footballers in your family? Yes, both my 2 brothers play. Both have played at semi-professional level.
8. Favourite game you have played in (and why)? When I finished my last season Birmingham City’s Centre of Excellence, I went to Dudley United for 3 games to gain experience in women’s football. On my first game I started at centre back, then at about 10 mins in I got moved to left wing and scored a double hat-trick. Then in my last game after getting cramp in both calves, I scored the winner to get them promoted. I had only just turned 16, so it was an amazing feeling! Everyone wanted to buy me a drink at the end but I had my PE GCSE exam the next day!
9. Your best attribute as a player? Positioning / Reading the game
10. What are your ambitions in football? This year I would love to win the league with Leafield, and play in the Premier League Northern Division!
11. Who has been the biggest influence in or on your footballing career? I wouldn’t be playing football today if it wasn’t for my older brothers. Other than that, Andy Mulligan for scouting me to play for Aston villa when I was 7, because I would never had believed I was good enough! Also, Birmingham City I owe a lot to, especially my manger for the 2 years (David Parker), for moving me to centre back, and giving me the chance to train weekly and play friendlies for the Super League side.
12. What is the best thing about playing for your team? We’ve got a lot of team spirit, we never give up, keep fighting for each other.
13. If you got to design your team’s kit, what would it look like? Claret and Blue? Haha, I’m joking, I quite like the yellow if I’m honest, unusual colour for a football kit, it’s trademark to Leafield as well so you just couldn’t change it! I also haven’t seen the new kit for this season yet…
14. Do you listen to music to get you motivated, or while you train – if so, what tracks? We have music on in the changing room before a game, what music depends whose iPod we have nominated! Just tends to be upbeat, I quite like Sam and the Womp: Bom Bom…(YouTube it, you’ll know it)
15. Who, that plays for your team, should we know more about and why? We have many young players, Sade upfront is one of them, very strong with an eye for goal! Hayley Packer’s set pieces are awesome! I could name the whole squad here, as I said our team spirit is our best feature, everyone always gives 100%!
She Kicks – the online community for women’s football