#SBSSWPL: Rangers Women win at Hibernian

Rangers won at Hibernian
Chelsea Cornet celebrates scoring Rangers’ goal that beat Hibernian. (PA Images)

Glasgow City and Rangers both recorded third straight wins in the SBS Scottish Women’s Premier League.

Results from 8 November:


Motherwell 0-3 Glasgow City
Celtic 1-0 Spartans
Forfar Farmington 3-0 Hearts
Hibernian 0-1 Rangers


Glasgow Women 0-1 Aberdeen
St Johnstone 2-2 Hamilton Academical
Queens Park 3-1 Dundee United
Stirling University 0-2 Boroughmuir Thistle
Kilmarnock 1-2 Partick Thistle

Glasgow City won 3-0 at Motherwell to maintain their leadership on goal-difference. All the goals came in a ten-minute spell, Leanne Ross converting a 63rd-minute penalty, Jo Love and Tyler Toland then adding a goal apiece.

Rangers took the points with the game’s only goal 15 minutes from time at Hibs. Lizzie Arnott connected with Brogan Hay’s dangerous ball into the box and Chelsea Cornet tapped it home.

Celtic had a similarly narrow win against Spartans to go third in the table, Sarah Ewens the scorer after an attempted clearance ricocheted in off her.

Forfar were 3-0 winners over basement side Hearts, Donna Paterson clinching a hat-trick.

Aberdeen have won all their four games in SWPL 2 so far, the latest by a single goal at Glasgow Women which moved them two points clear of the rest. Bayley Hutchison’s 54th minute strike took her tally to six goals in four matches.

Second-placed Hamilton shared four goals with St Johnstone, who sit fourth but with games in hand on everyone else. The Accies twice led through Amy Anderson and Megan Quigley but Rachel Todd and then Fern Newbigging’s late free-kick pulled the visitors level.

Queen’s Park came from behind to defeat Dundee United 3-1 and go third. Robyn Smith’s goal saw United lead at half-time but Louisa Boyes equalised at the start on the second half, Chloe Docherty and Samantha McManus getting one each in the last 10 minutes to secure all three points.

Queen's Park celebrations
Queen’s Park goal celebrations. (Photo: Ian Cairns)

Partick Thistle climbed into the top half with a 2-1 result at Kilmarnock, also achieved after going behind. Killie took a 66th-minute lead but that was cancelled out before Jade Gallon’s decider with six minutes left.

Boroughmuir Thistle got off the mark with both goals of the game at Stirling University. Hannah Davie headed in on 11 minutes and Helen Templeton doubled the lead in the second half.

#UWCL: Glasgow City given Iceland trip

Upcoming Events

Would you like to read more women’s football news just like this? Sign up to receive the She Kicks Women’s Football newsletter