Brighton & Hove Albion FC are looking to recruit a Dual Career Academy Head Coach.
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: This is a full-time role. This role requires flexibility to work evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the post. Monday 9am – 5pm, Tuesday 1pm – 9pm, Wednesday 9am – 5pm, Thursday 9am – 5pm, Friday 1pm – 9pm and matchdays.
Location: The American Express Elite Football Performance Centre, Lancing. You will be expected to undertake travel as is necessary to fulfil the job requirements.
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Benefits: Club Pension Scheme | Group Life Protection | Club discounts & offers
Closing date for applications: 2nd August 2019 @ 23:59:59
|Dual Career Academy (DCA) Head Coach|
|Reports to||Women’s First Team Manager|
|Key Contacts||General Manager, Women’s First Team Assistant Manager, DCA Manager, RTC Manager, RTC Technical Director, TASS Services, Sports Science and Medical, Player Care Officer, Safeguarding Manager.|
|Direct Reports||Assistant Dual Career Academy (DCA) Coach.|
|Location||The American Express Elite Football Performance Centre in Lancing, however, you may be required to attend the American Express Community Stadium in Brighton. You will be expected to undertake travel as is necessary to fulfil your job requirements and to the satisfaction of Brighton & Hove Albion FC.|
|Hours||35 hours per week as follows;
· Monday – 9:00am – 5:00pm
· Tuesday – 1:00pm – 9:00pm
· Wednesday – 9:00am – 5:00pm
· Thursday – 9:00am – 5:00pm
· Friday – 1:00pm – 9:00pm
A flexible approach to working hours is required for this role and will include some matchdays.
|Remuneration||£28,000 per annum
· Auto-enrolment into the Club’s pension scheme (depending on eligibility)
· Group Life Protection (death in service cover)
· Club discounts and offers
· Access to multi-faith room
|Job Purpose||The purpose of the Dual Career Academy Head Coach is to recruit, identify and support the development of elite players within a technical/tactical and educational programme, to enable them to fulfil their sporting potential whilst supporting their dual career academy aspirations.|
|Role Accountabilities & Key Duties|
To be the Head Coach for the Women’s and Girls’ Dual Career Academy.
|2||To build a successful dual career academy squad who are capable of competing in FA Women’s Super DCA league whilst pursuing further/higher education.|
|3||To develop and deliver a coaching programme in line with the women’s and girls’ framework, supporting the wider programme.|
|4||To oversee the DCA coaching team ensuring that they are working collaboratively to meet club and team objectives.|
|5||To assist the Dual Career Academy Manager where necessary to ensure compliance within league, competition and licence rules & regulations.|
|6||To work with the Dual Career Academy Manager on all appropriate team administration.|
|7||To ensure the Dual Career Academy adheres to and excels all FA and WSL requirements.|
|8||To provide support in the transition of players between RTC and first team in conjunction with the relevant technical and administrative leads.|
|9||To monitor and evaluate the players performance.|
|10||To be an ambassador for the Club and the women’s game and must be committed to further enhance the excellent reputation that BHAFC Women’s and Girls’ programme has built over the years.|
|11||To demonstrate and uphold the values, ethos and standards Brighton and Hove Albion FC is known and respected for in football and the local community.|
|12||To work collaboratively with the Technical Director of the clubs FA Regional Talent Club (RTC) and Women’s First Team Manager to develop talented players to progress through the club’s high performance pathway.|
|13||To have a strong interest in supporting and assisting in the development of the FA Regional Talent Club (RTC) Tier 1 status and must be comfortable working across all age groups when appropriate.|
|14||To support the aims and objectives of the England International development pathway from youth teams to senior team. To maintain positive relations with key England international staff (Head Coach/Director of Elite Development/relevant age group coaches, Performance Management and support staff).|
|15||To adhere to a strict code of club conduct, social media policy and confidentiality protocols.|
|General duties and accountabilities|
|· To support Brighton & Hove Albion FC and AITC in their aims and objectives at all times.
· To ensure compliance with all relevant club policies, including health and safety policies.
· To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements.
· To keep confidential any information gained regarding the charity, club and its personnel.
· To represent Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club and AITC in a professional manner.
· To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times.
· To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time.
|· To uphold and live our Team Brighton Values; Treat people well, Exceed Expectations, Aim high (never give up) and Make it special.
· To be a champion of equality and diversity in the workplace and treat all staff, customers, sponsors, clients and applicants with fairness, dignity and respect
· To report incidents of any form of discrimination through the correct channels.
· To promote best practice in safeguarding and create an environment that is safe for children young people and vulnerable adults.
· To report safeguarding concerns through the correct channels
· To ensure that any safeguarding training and certificates are kept up to date.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in light of the changing needs of Brighton & Hove Albion FC.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK HERE