- Global Institute of Sport (GIS) will open its first non-UK campus in South Florida.
- GIS Inter Miami CF Stadium Campus will open at the home of Major League Soccer’s latest franchise.
- Inter Miami CF’s ownership group is co-owned by former England captain David Beckham.
- GIS’ MSc Sports Directorship programme will be the first to be delivered in Miami from June 2021.
- GIS students currently learn from UK campuses that include London’s Wembley Stadium and Manchester’s Etihad Stadium.
- GIS learning facilities around the world include Red Bull Arena in New York, Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Toronto FC’s BMO Field and the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Global Institute of Sport (GIS) is delighted to announce that it will open its first North American campus in 2021 in South Florida.
Set to deliver degrees in the US from June 2021, GIS’ first non-UK campus will be based at the Inter Miami CF Stadium – home of Major League Soccer’s Inter Miami CF whose ownership group is composed of former England captain David Beckham, Jorge and Jose Mas as well as Marcelo Claure and Masayoshi Son.
As well as delivering the new programme in Florida, UCFB and GIS students and alumni will also have the chance to visit Miami and South Florida as part of the Global Summit Series. Students already have the option to attend summits in the US in New York and Atlanta at the Red Bull Arena and Mercedes-Benz Stadium respectively, as well as Toronto’s BMO Field and the Melbourne Cricket Ground. These annual events allow students to learn from the biggest and best minds in each country’s sports industry.
GIS Chairman Brendan Flood commented: “This is truly a landmark moment for GIS and education in North America. Our students already enjoy great access to the North American sports market, but never have they had a permanent place to call ‘home’ and study away from the UK.”
GIS will be announcing several further football and sports degrees to be delivered in Miami soon, as well offering students study abroad opportunities between the city and the UK. Students will also be to take advantage of internship opportunities and guest speakers sessions thanks to the collaboration between GIS and Inter Miami CF.
Inter Miami’s Managing Owner Jorge Mas, said: “This is an exciting, innovative project with GIS that allows us to deepen South Florida’s position as a global leader in sports business and education, and to continue expanding our international network in the process. Our facilities were built with flexibility in mind to serve as long-term economic drivers attracting more business, international competitions and tourism to our communities.
“Students can expect a warm South Florida welcome and find out why this city is one of the world’s great sporting destinations and sports business hubs.”
For more information on GIS, UCFB and the impressive range of sports related degrees they offer, visit https://bit.ly/3gxiox4