#FAWSL: Spurs Women deny Man Utd at the death

Spurs celebrate Ria Percival's equaliser
Ria Percival celebrates with Tottenham team-mates after her late leveller. (Photo: Harriet Lander/Getty Images)

Tottenham Hotspur grabbed a dramatic late equaliser against Manchester United in the Barclays FA Women’s Super League.

Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Manchester United
Birmingham City 0-3 Reading
Leicester City 1-4 Manchester City (Att: 2,464)
Arsenal 4-0 West Ham United

Percival pegs back Reds

Ria Percival scored a dramatic 95th-minute equaliser from the touchline to earn Spurs a draw against Manchester United and put them back in third place.

Spurs’ Jess Naz forced Mary Earps to turn her shot round the post in a half of few chances. Alessia Russo had a shot parried by Tinja-Riikka Korpela and from the rebound Ria Percival deflected a Leah Galton effort over the bar. In first-half stoppage-time, Russo broke into the box and rifled the ball home inside the front post.

Kit Graham let fly from 30 yards but Earps tipped it over the angle, then deep into added time Percival’s free-kick from 40 yards out beat everyone to bounce into the top corner.

There was still time for United to restore the lead but Russo’s header was turned over by Korpela.

Gunners go clear again

Kim Little scores Arsenal's second
Kim Little scores her and Arsenal’s second goal against West Ham. (Photo: Harriet Lander/Getty Images)

Arsenal won the evening kick off with West Ham to again put three points between themselves and second-placed Chelsea.

The Gunners had to wait until close to the interval to make the breakthrough, Kim Little bursting into the box to fire home.

Little got her second just a few minutes after the restart, Beth Mead saw her shot tipped onto the bar by Mackenzie Arnold but scored soon after from Nikita Parris’s pass.

It was from a Mead ball into the box that the unfortunate Grace Fisk conceded a late own-goal.

Man City fightback to defeat Foxes

Keira Walsh gave Man City the lead
Keira Walsh put Manchester City ahead at The King Power Stadium. (Photo: Graham Chadwick/Getty Images)

Jess Sigsworth gave Leicester a first-minute lead after a defensive mix-up by Manchester City. Georgia Stanway was denied by the bar but Caroline Weir did get the visitors back on level terms midway through the half.

Weir was again involved before the break as both she and Filippa Angeldal had shots blocked, Keira Walsh rifling the loose ball home from the edge of the box.

Kirstie Levell made several saves to keep the Foxes in it and Sophie Howard had a chance to equalize but volleyed well over the top.

Lauren Hemp extended the lead inside the last 20 minutes, running into the area and finding the top corner, before Laura Coombs ghosted in to make it 4-1.

Rose at the double for Reading

Deanne Rose bagged a brace for Reading
Deanne Rose bagged a brace for Reading. (Photo: Catherine Ivill/Getty Images)

Reading doubled their points tally with all three goals of the game at St Andrews.

Libby Smith got in for Birmingham just before the break but fired straight at Royals’ goalkeeper Grace Moloney.

Ten minutes into the second period and Reading had taken a 2-0 lead; Natasha Dowie netting after a free-kick and Deanne Rose then heading home from an Amalie Eikeland cross.

Rose then wrapped it up with a third, rounding keeper Emily Ramsay after collecting Gemma Evans’ long ball.

#FAWNLCup: Southampton Women’s FC cause upset

Upcoming Events

Would you like to read more women’s football news just like this? Sign up to receive the She Kicks Women’s Football newsletter