One of only 13 Regional Talent Clubs which carry Tier 1 status, the Sunderland & Gateshead RTC will enhance the development of the North East’s best young female players and coaches to benefit the domestic and international game and support winning England teams.
The Regional Talent Club programme provides elite player development opportunities for young female footballers and has helped establish talents such England stars Steph Houghton and Jill Scott, as well as current Sunderland AFC Ladies players The RTC has helped establish talents such England stars Steph Houghton and Jill Scott, as well as current Sunderland Ladies players Steph Bannon, Olivia Watt, Bridget Galloway and Keira Ramshaw to name a few
Players take part in a comprehensive technical and tactical training programme covering all areas and concepts of the FA Future Game syllabus, whilst also competing in the FA Regional Talent Club fixture programme and the FA Girls’ U16 Youth Cup.
To apply, download an application form next to the required session below and return completed and signed no later than Thursday 1st June 2017 to:
FA Girls Regional Talent Club Trials
Foundation of Light
Stadium of Light
Alternatively, a scanned copy with signature can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRIAL DATES (all at Academy for Sport, NE10 0EF)
- U-10s: Mon 5th & Thurs 8th June, 5.30-7.30pm DOWNLOAD
- U-12s: Mon 12th & Thurs 15th June, 5.30-7.30pm DOWNLOAD
- U-14s: Mon 12th & Thurs 15th June, 5.30-7.30pm DOWNLOAD
- U-16s: Mon 5th & Thurs 8th June, 5.30-7.30pm DOWNLOAD
To be eligible to play for Sunderland and Gateshead Regional Talent Club, players must meet the following criteria:
- Players must not live any further than 90 minutes away from NE10 0EF
- Players must have an English parent, English grandparent OR must have been educated in England for at least five consecutive years.
To be assessed fully for a place within the squads for the 2017-18 Season, players will need to attend ALL OPEN TRIAL dates. It is extremely important that players nominated qualify to play for the appropriate age group. Any player either too old or too young will not be considered for assessment.
The age criteria for each is group is as follows:
- U10s – School Years 4 and 5 (Players born from 1st Sept 2007 – 31st Aug 2009)
- U12s – School Years 6 and 7 (Players born from 1st Sept 2005 – 31st Aug 2007)
- U14s – School Years 8 and 9 (Players born from 1st Sept 2003 – 31st Aug2005)
- U16s – School Years 10 and 11 (Players born from 1st Sept 2001 – 31st Aug 2003)