Club player/coach who has already achieved her ambition of playing for, and captaining, Wales.
1. Name – Claire O’Sullivan
2. Age (DOB). 31. 08/08/1971
3. Team – Cwmbran Celtic (Coach)
4. Position (and have you always played there)? Played at Centre midfield and sweeper.
5. Team Supporter/Fave player? Man Utd, Ryan Giggs
6. Occupation/or what you are studying? Car after sales advisor
7. Are there other footballers in family? None
8. Favourite game you have played in (and why)? Wales v Scotland, 1st win and scored 2 goals winning 5-1.
9. Your best attribute as a player? Passing, ability to keep the ball and read the game.
10. What are your ambitions in football? They were to play for, and captain, Wales – which I succeeded in!
11. Who has been the biggest influence in or on your footballing career? When I first started playing it was John and Helen Edwards of Tongwynlais, they picked me up for training and games. Later on in my career, Sian Williams former Wales manager, for her experience and for giving me the opportunity to captain Wales. Also Carl Lingham, Barry Town manager, for his enthusiasm and passion in women’s football.
12. What is the best thing about playing for your team? The camaraderie amongst the girls.
13. If you got to design your team’s kit, what would it look like? Brazil
14. Do you listen to music to get you motivated, or while you train – if so, what tracks? Lose yourself- Eminem on repeat! (and the odd SuBo song)
15. Who, that plays for your team, should we know more about and why? Terri Thomas, if only she would push herself that little bit more and get fitter, she would be a beast!
She Kicks – the online community for women’s football