Scottish Women’s Football have confirmed the next round of BBC ALBA selections for the 2021/22 Park’s Motor Group SWPL 1 season.
These will be:
- 16 January – Hibernian v Celtic – Tony Macaroni Stadium, Livingston – 16:10 KO
- 6 February – Rangers v Glasgow City – Rangers Training Centre – 14:10 KO
- 10 February – Glasgow City v Celtic – Petershill Park, Glasgow – 19:40 KO
- 20 February – Partick Thistle v Spartans – Petershill Park, Glasgow – 16:10 KO
- 27 February – Rangers v Celtic – Rangers Training Centre – 16:10 KO
- 6 March – Heart of Midlothian v Hamilton Academical – 16:10 KO
- 13 March – Glasgow City v Celtic – Petershill Park, Glasgow – 16:10 KO
- 20 March – Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian – Tony Macaroni Stadium, Livingston – 16:10 KO
- 27 March – Celtic v Hibernian – Penny Cars Stadium, Airdrie 16:10 KO
BBC ALBA’s coverage will see a broad selection of SWPL teams battle it out including high profile top of the table clashes between Rangers and Glasgow City, Glasgow City and Celtic and an Old Firm derby on the 27 February.
In 2021 both Hearts and Hibernian made great spectacles of the Edinburgh derby, attracting record crowds – their next match will be featured on the 20 March.
In what continues to be an incredibly competitive league, there is much in this selection to keep audiences excited as the SWPL embarks upon this next phase and generating new audiences to the women’s game.
Iseabail Mactaggart, Director of Multiplatform Content at MG ALBA, which operates BBC ALBA in partnership with the BBC, said: “We’re thrilled to announce our coverage of the next nine rounds of the SWPL 1. The league continues to provide great excitement and we are extremely proud that BBC ALBA continues to demonstrate its dedication to women’s sport and entice a new audience to women’s football.”
Aileen Campbell, SWF CEO, said: “Park’s Motor Group SWPL 1 continues to be a really competitive league with lots of interest across the table. BBC Alba broadcasts enable us to continue to showcase our game, increase visibility of women’s football, and attract new interest. We are grateful to BBC Alba for their ongoing commitment to women’s football which showcases our inspiring clubs and players.”