Cardiff Met dominant after a dozen straight wins

Action from Swansea versus Abergavenny. (Photo: Will Cheshire)

Cardiff Met made it twelve straight wins in the Orchard Welsh Premier League to go as many points clear, as Cyncoed went second after Swansea City were held by Abergavenny.

Sunday 18th February

Cardiff Met 2-0 Caldicot Town
Llandudno 0-4 Cyncoed
Port Talbot Town 7-3 Caernarfon Town
Rhyl 0-4 Cardiff City FC
Swansea City 1-1 Abergavenny

Cardiff Met moved a dozen points clear with a 2-0 defeat of Caldicot Town.  Erin Murray gave the Archers a 14th minute lead and Jasmine Simpson got the second 6 minutes after the interval.

Cyncoed’s 4-0 victory at Llandudno lifted them into second spot. Shaunna Jenkins got the first two goals via corners, with Robyn Pinder and Rosina Hill then adding one each.

Cyncoed show off their new away kit.

Swansea City were denied victory when Abergavenny equalised 5 minutes from time for a 1-1 draw. Sophie Hancocks opened the scoring in the 6th minute with a half-volley from the edge of the box but City missed a crucial chance to double the lead at the start of the second half, Jodie Passmore hitting the post with a penalty. With 5 minutes left, Eliza Atkins set up Lyndsey Davies to level for the visitors.

Cardiff City FC are up to fourth following their four-goal success at Rhyl, where home goalkeeper Samantha Mitchell suffered concussion after only 7 minutes play. 32 Murphy smashes home from a McDonough delivery. 43 – GOAL! Walsh heads home from Murphy’s corner. 72 Shannon Evans converts from McDonough’s cross,McDonough finishes a great team effort.

Port Talbot Town pushed up two places to sixth with a 7-3 scoreline over Caernarfon Town, with three of their goals coming in the first 13 minutes. Courtney Thomas headed in from a corner, Chelsey Harris struck from distance and Victoria Stratton’s shot was too hot for the keeper to handle. Stratton then had a tap in from a Jess Denscombe cross and although Ceri Slaney pulled a goal back, there was an instant reply by Laura May Walkley to make it 5-1 at half-time. Stratton then completed her hat trick, Terri Beddows rifled in the seventh after good work by Jesci Hare, before Caernarfon got two late goals back, the latter from the penalty spot.

Would you like to read more women’s football news just like this? Sign up to receive the She Kicks Women’s Football newsletter